Port Richey Car Accident Lawyer
The Port Richey area is a bustling metropolis that offers both great places to work and recreational opportunities to visit. Our area brings millions of tourists here each year, whether it’s snowbirds looking to get away from northern winters or families looking for a warm-weather getaway. If you or a loved one recently suffered harm in a Port Richey car accident, contact the Port Richey Car Accident Lawyers at Bulluck Law Group. We are committed to defending your right to fair compensation under Florida law.
As one of the area’s most prestigious law firms, we can help you recover damages for the full amount of your injuries, pain, and suffering. Contact us to schedule a free initial consultation today and learn more about our contingency-fee legal services.
Common Causes of Port Richey Car Accidents
Car accidents are one of the leading causes of accidental death and injury, both in the United States and in Florida. While a car accident can occur any number of ways, some are more common than others. Some scenarios giving rise to Port Richey area car accidents include:
- Distracted driving. Cell phone use and texting are a well-documented risk factor for motor vehicle crashes. According to a recent report by the state department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, Florida ranks second worst in the nation for distracted driving. In 2016, there were nearly 50,000 crashes related to distracted driving, and these accounted for 233 deaths and more than 3,500 serious injuries.
- Impaired driving. Operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, illicit drugs, or even prescription medications can lead to death and injury.
- Driving tired can be just as dangerous as operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol, according to safety experts.
- Driver behavior. Other common driver behaviors such as speeding, failure to assure a clear stopping distance, changing lanes abruptly, or road rage are all contributing factors in Port Richey car accidents.
- Defective cars or automobile parts. Sometimes, car accidents can give rise to product liability claims against a vehicle’s manufacturer, such as an accident caused by a faulty steering column.
- Defective roadway design. In some cases, a motor vehicle accident may give rise to a personal injury claim against the government, especially when a poorly maintained roadway, unclear road markings, or an inherently dangerous road design causes an accident. In fact, a recent Washington Post report found half of all fatal accidents involve a poorly designed or maintained roadway.
- Senior driving behavior. Florida is home to the most senior citizens per capita in the country – about one in 20 citizens are over the age of 65. The elderly tend to have poorer vision, slower reaction times and can contribute to serious accidents.
If you or a loved one suffered harm in a Port Richey car accident, you need guidance from an experienced Port Richey Car Accident Lawyer. Contact Bulluck Law Group to arrange your free case evaluation today.
Elements of a Car Accident Case
After a car accident in Port Richey, you may have legal grounds for a personal injury claim. These claims compensate for medical bills, lost wages, and the ongoing costs of your rehabilitation and care. They also provide reimbursement for intangible losses such as pain, suffering, and any loss of life quality.
Car accident claims require the following elements:
- Did another driver owe you a duty of care? The answer is most commonly “yes,” as drivers owe a duty of care to all other drivers, pedestrians, and cyclists.
- When a driver breaches their duty of care (such as by committing a traffic violation), it’s called “committing negligence.” In a legal sense, we say someone commits negligence when he or she fails to act in a manner that another reasonable person would.
- Next, you must show a driver’s negligence directly led to your injuries.
- Lastly, you must show you suffered damages as a result, such as medical bills or missed work.
If all of the following elements apply, you likely have legal grounds for a car accident case. Most people don’t realize that a car accident claim requires guidance from an experienced personal injury attorney, thinking that their insurance companies will handle it all. Unfortunately, these companies do not have your best interests at heart. Contact a car accident attorney who can protect your right to fair compensation today.
Florida Insurance Laws
Florida is one of a handful of states that observes a “no-fault” system when it comes to car accidents. The main advantage of this system is that you do not have to prove someone was negligent in order to collect compensation for your medical bills – you can simply file a claim with your own Personal Injury Protection (PPO) policy. On the other hand, this limits your ability to sue another party for negligence.
In certain cases, you may be able to step outside of the no-fault system and file a traditional car accident claim. This generally applies to cases of serious or incapacitating injury and highlights the need for an experienced Port Richey Car Accident Lawyer.
The following are examples of injuries that might allow you to file a claim against an at-fault driver:
- A traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Broken bones
- A wrongful death
- Burn injuries
- Any injury requiring extensive medical care or an inpatient hospital stay.
After a Florida car accident, contact a Port Richey car accident attorney as soon as possible. Remember, consultations are always free, so a Port Richey Car Accident Lawyer will be able to tell you in a risk-free meeting if you qualify for a personal injury claim.
Considerations for Your Port Richey Car Crash
While dealing with your Florida car accident, keep the following questions in the back of your mind:
- What is the total of my current and future medical expenses? Serious and debilitating injuries allow you to step outside the Florida no-fault system.
- How serious are my injuries? How will it affect my quality of life?
- Did my car accident occur within the scope of my job duties? If so, you may be able to file a workers’ compensation claim.
- Will I need to buy a new car?
One of the main advantages of filing a car accident claim against an at-fault driver is compensation for both material and immaterial losses. Your PIP coverage may kick in to cover your medical bills, but a serious injury may cause you to exceed your policy limits. Additionally, PIP does not allow you to gain compensation for general damages such as pain, suffering, or loss of life quality. A personal injury attorney can help ensure that you receive reimbursement for your total losses, which may be monetary or non-monetary.
Your Port Richey Car Accident Lawyer
Bulluck Law Group is one of the most experienced firms in Port Richey. We will handle your car accident case with the compassion and attention to detail it deserves. If you or a loved one suffered serious injuries or a wrongful death in a Port Richey car accident, contact one of our Port Richey Car Accident Lawyers and schedule a free case evaluation today. We can help defend your right to full compensation for your injuries, pain, suffering, and more. If you suffered injuries in an auto wreck and believe someone else is legally responsible, the Bulluck Law Group is here to help you throughout the process. Start your free initial consultation today.