After you have been in an auto accident, it can be unclear which steps should be taken next. Immediately calling a Land O’ Lakes auto accident attorney to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your case is a must to determine the viability of your claim and whether any action needs to be taken to preserve crucial pieces of evidence that could later prove an important issue in your case.
In order to make the most of your Land O’ Lakes auto accident attorney consultation, you should have available with you the below list of records and information for evaluation by the attorney.
- Exchange of Information that was provided to you at the scene of the collision by the investigating law enforcement officer. This document will provide basic auto insurance information as well as contact information for the at-fault parties and possible witnesses.
- Traffic Crash Report is often available for purchase within two weeks after the collision. If the Traffic Crash Report is available you should bring this with you as it will contain additional information not contained within the initial Exchange of Information.
- Drivers License.
- Health Insurance Card.
- Have available all photographs of property damage and the scene of the collision that will provide additional insight into how the auto accident occurred and force of the collision.
- Photographs of all injuries that you sustained as a result of the auto accident.
- Declarations page from your auto insurance company. This document will assist the Land O’ Lakes auto accident attorney in assessing available coverage types and policy limits that may apply.
- Medical Records and Bills for care and treatment received for injuries caused from the auto accident. Sometimes potential clients will receive medical records and bills upon being discharged through the emergency department, urgent care or through the mail.
- Letters from auto insurance companies. If you have received any letters from either your auto insurance company or the at-fault party’s auto insurance company, you should bring those to the evaluation to evaluate the statements being made by the insurance companies as well provide basic claim and contact information.
Often times at the free initial consultation, a potential new client will not have all of the above available for review. However, the more information available to be reviewed by the Land O’ Lakes auto accident attorney, the more effective the attorney can be in representing the client.